Constitutional / Civil Rights Law
When situations arise that involve constitutional rights, often the solution to enforce those constitutional rights is through civil litigation. Whether challenging the constitutionality of legislation and executive orders, or prosecuting claims against governmental agencies for violations of constitutional rights, our attorneys are experienced at guiding clients through these complex constitutional arguments in the federal court system. Cases can be brought offensively to challenge government action, to hold the government accountable for wrongs committed, or defensively against improper legal actions brought by the government. These cases often involve multiple layers of the court system, as the issues are rarely conclusively decided by the district court without the losing side appealing the circuit or even the U.S. Supreme Court.
Examples of services include:
- Civil Rights Violations
- Injunctions against enforcement of unconstitutional executive orders
- Injunctions against enforcement of unconstitutional statutes
- Imprisonment/Malicious prosecution
- Unlawful Search and Seizure
- Eminent Domain
- First Amendment Free Speech Restriction, Freedom of Religion, Freedom and Independence of the Press
- Second Amendment Firearms Regulation Litigation
- Equal Protection/Discrimination
Ready to get started?
In the News
“Take that back or I’ll sue you!” When is a threatened lawsuit something to be concerned about, and when is it an idle threat? What
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” As familiar as that childhood line is, sometimes it just isn’t true.